Elegant | Modern | Luxury

The Best Service. The Best Choice

We make the bay area home building and remodel easy !

Need to speak with a construction professional?

Design & City Permit

According to the California Building Standards Code, no building or structure may be erected, constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, improved, removed, converted or demolished unless a separate permit for each building or structure has first been obtained from the building official.

Before applying for a building permit, it is important to check with the Planning Division to ensure that your proposed business is permitted at your desired location and if a Conditional Use Permit is required.



An ADU is accessory to a primary residence and has complete independent living facilities for one or more persons and has a few variations:

• Detached: The unit is separated from the primary structure.

• Attached: The unit is attached to the primary structure.

• Converted Existing Space: Space (e.g., master bedroom, attached garage, storage area, or similar use, or an accessory structure) on the lot of the primary residence that is converted into an independent living unit.

• JADU: A specific type of conversion of existing space that is contained entirely within an existing or proposed single-family residence.

Entitlement & SB9

Senate Bill 9 is a 2021 California state law that allows up to 4 homes in most single-family zones, regardless of local zoning.  You can use SB9 to split your lot, add a 2nd home to a lot, or both (split lot and have 2 homes on each lot for a total of 4 homes).  

1298 Kifer Rd Suite 507, Sunnyvale CA 94086

Office (650)260-4590, Direct  (650)387-1308

Email : service@dowellgc.com